Current Affairs: Appointments in the month of July 2013
Useful for all competitive Examinations….
1) Justice Palanisamy Sathasivam aworn in as 40th Chief Justice of India (CJI).
2) Hemant Soren sworn in as Ninth Chief Minister of Jharkhand.
3) Mamnoon Hussain appointed as the New President of Pakistan.
4) KK Paul took over as the New Governor of Meghalaya.
5) Maharaj Krishan Kaushik appointed Coach of Indian Men’s Hockey Team.
6) AK Singh sworn in as the New Lt Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
7) Shriniwas Dadasaheb Patil appointed as the New Governor of Sikkim.
8) Sujata Singh appointed India’s Next Foreign Secretary.
9) Anil Goswami took over as the Union Home Secretary.
10) UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon appointed Abdoulaye Bathily as Deputy Head of UN Mission in Mali.
11) The Institute of Cost Accountants of India announced Suresh Chandra Mohanty as the new president of the body. Suresh Chandra Mohanty replaced Rakesh Singh.
12) Hazem El-Beblawi was appointed as the New Prime Minister of Egypt by interim President Mansour. Mohammad El-Baradei is the New Vice President.
13) Prince Philippe sworn in as the Seventh King of Belgium.
14) Bhim Sain Bassi took over as the 20th Delhi Police Commissioner on 31st July, 2013.
15) Abdul Rahim Rather, the Finance Minister of Jammu and Kashmir on 21st July, 2013 appointed as the New Chairman of GST Panel.
16) Dahlan Jumaan Al-Hamad won Asian Athletics Association's President Election.
17) Shriniwas Dadasaheb Patil appointed as the New Governor of Sikkim.
18) Former Telecom Secretary R. Chandrasekhar appointed as the New President of The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM).
19) Adli Mansour Sworn in as the Interim President of Egypt.
20) Nisha Desai Biswal nominated for the Post of Assistant Secretary of State of USA.
21) Sunil Soni on 2nd July, 2013 appointed Director General of Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).
22) Arvind Sharma Re-Elected as the President of Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI).
23) Anil Chait took over as the Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to the Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee (CISC) on 1st July, 2013.
24) Rana Kapoor, Yes Bank Managing Director and CEO took over as the President of Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM).25) The Senate of US on 29th July, 2013 approved the decision of Barack Obama to choose James Comey as the next director of FBI.